My client, an international Engineering company based in the M4 corridor, is currently looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant for their Group Finance team. The successful candidate will support the financial controller on the day to operations of the finance function, to ensure timely delivery, of the business-critical information against the set business timetable.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including qualitative variance analysis – Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet
- Formation of year end statutory accounts
- Production of monthly management reports
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Assistance in the forecasting & budgeting process
- Year-end audit participation
- Ability to act as a liaison with the group on ERP issues / questions
- Completion of quarterly VAT returns
- Maintaining all necessary records including invoices, expenses, payments and transactions
- Coding invoices for data processing to ensure that they have been recorded correctly in the profit and loss and balance sheet
- Entering financial information into consolidation software
- Daily bank reconciliations of the group
- Preparing weekly cash forecasts for the group, reviewing/challenging the information and providing commentary on variances
- Control and ownership of cash forecast models
- Part qualified ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Communicational skills and hands on approach with the demonstrated ability to work in high pressured environments.
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Solid understanding of key accountancy principles and processes
- Accurate with good attention to detail and highly organised.
- Encourage and challenge others to drive business objectives
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates all stakeholders’ contribution.
Broadstone Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business and all appointments will be made on merit alone.