My client, a leading national charity based in Central London is recruiting a Finance Assistant for their vibrant and dedicated team. Working with the Head of Finance & Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the finance function of the charity. The role involves participating in the operational and administrative activities of the finance function, leading to the accurate recording of financial information for accounting purposes.
- Processing purchase invoices and making sure the budget holder authorizes them
- Setting up payments on the Internet Banking system for authorisation by the Head of Finance
- Filing of all finance and legal documents.
- Keeping Gift Aid records up-to-date and assisting the Head of Finance with the preparation of Gift Aid claims
- Monitoring and maintaining finance and grant records for archiving to comply with charity law
- Providing support to the Head of Finance with processing of income and expenditure journals onto the CODA finance system.
- Supporting the Head of Finance with selected balance sheet reconciliations
- Analysing data and producing reports, if required
- Supporting the Head of Finance in producing management information
- Monitoring all financial processes, ensuring deadlines are met and alerting appropriate Senior Manager if needed
- Additional ad hoc admin support to Head of Finance
- Strong A-Level results and/or relevant degree
- Working towards finance qualification, e.g. AAT or equivalent
- Knowledge of and passion for the charity sector
- Strong knowledge of all MS Office applications
- Attention to detail: ensuring accuracy in all aspects of work
- Time Management: effective time management and working to deadlines
- Interpersonal skills: effectively communicating, building rapport and relating to others at all levels
- Problem solving: having a creative approach to finding solutions to ad hoc issues
Broadstone Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business and all appointments will be made on merit alone.