My client, an exciting expanding property company based in the West End, is looking to recruit a Financial Controller for their expanding finance team. The successful candidate will be overseeing all the accounts, prepare financial reporting, ensure compliance and work closely with the teams to support all sales, procurement and operational activities with sound financial advice and guidance. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a niche player in their market space.
- Business partnering with other functions, offering your financial expertise to guide and support critical business decisions.
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities, especially on international transactions and tools
- Report subsidiary and group management accounts as well as all journal adjustments and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Identify and analyse material variances to budget and trend and assist with the preparation of the monthly board report and shareholder update.
- Report to other third-party stakeholders – such as banks, lenders, investors, commercial partners (etc.) regularly.
- Prepare our quarterly VAT returns for the group and ensure corporation tax prepayment are done on time.
- Ownership of our yearly audit and statutory accounts preparation and filing.
- Work with external advisers to prepare annual Corporation Tax returns
- Ensure our key stakeholders are being informed on time and at regular interval of our key business facts and figures.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or equivalent
- Experience with statutory accounting and accounts consolidation.
- Highly experienced in Budgeting/P&L Management.
- Ideally both industry and practice experience.
- Experience of implementing new-systems/ processes from scratch is desirable. As they grow, they will be looking at process and system optimisation.
- Ideally the successful candidate will have experience managing a small finance team/ work in a startup or at least feel comfortable with it.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Broadstone Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business and all appointments will be made on merit alone.