My client a leading, risk management, trading and asset management company is looking for a Product Controller to join their West London Head Office. This is a high energy environment with a creative and proactive culture where you will be able to use your initiative and contribute enthusiastically.
The successful candidate will focus on supervising trade and cash processing, maintaining strict controls and investigating differences, revaluing financial instruments, and reconciling P&L to the trading system. They will become familiar with exchange traded FCM statements and OTC products; both spot trades and a range of derivatives including futures, forwards, options, swaps and swaptions, all traded in major currencies.
Working as part of a team of 5, they will also be exposed to a wide variety of tasks covering: Financial Statements, management accounts, VAT and corporation tax plus regulatory filings. The role is relatively fluid, allowing you to make your mark in an ever-changing business environment. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to begin a career in financial services.
- use Excel regularly to an advanced level, understanding complex formulae;
- have a keen interest in financial instruments;
- have an eye for detail and a hands-on approach;
- be a team player with a flexible mind-set;
- have a strong and demonstrable interest in IT and automation;
- be a newly qualified holder of a recognised CCAB accountancy qualification or equivalent
They are also interested in someone who might have any of these other useful attributes to offer (although not required these are desirable):
- knowledge of financial products;
- knowledge of the energy sector
- experience in working with accounting standards and producing financial statements
Broadstone Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business and all appointments will be made on merit alone.