Senior Commercial Analyst – Croydon – £50,000 plus bonus and benefits
My client, a leading retailer based in Croydon, is currently looking to recruit a Senior Commercial Analyst for a leading retailer. The successful candidate will be the finance business partner to the commercial teams, developing strong and effective working relationships in order to provide insight, analysis and support to the categories enabling the business to deliver company targets and profitability.
- To drive and support the key strategic initiative of the division expansion working closely with the team, providing reporting and insight into store and online performance, and understanding and evaluating the impact of proposed new services. This includes a full review of the profit and loss account from revenue down to profit including all relevant costs such as fulfilment of orders and nurse wages.
- To analyse and support forward all marketing spend including Online, associated with growing all service areas.
- Business partner the team understanding profitability by clinic and service, analysing the potential for new clinics.
- Own respective commercial cost centres, managing month end close and all related balance sheet reconciliations and opportunities. Own the correct treatment of VAT within this key area.
- Support and manage where appropriate, all financial processes relevant to the team enabling the company to achieve all relevant targets.
- Support the Commercial sales and margin budgeting and forecasting processes providing quarterly forecasts and an operating plan for all relevant commercial areas.
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting as required across the wider team.
- Provide financial analysis and support to investment decisions including business case preparation and presentations to the investment committee.
- To produce business reports both internally and externally to the parent company, and to identify and deliver developments in reporting, system use and processes ensuring they deliver robust business information in an efficient manner.
- To attend regular Commercial meetings as appropriate to gain a more thorough understanding of the commercial environment.
- To support the Finance Director, Head of Commercial Finance, and Healthcare Finance Manager in company-wide strategic initiatives.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or equivalent
- Strong Excel skills with VBA preferable and ability to master technical skills quickly
- Methodical and logical approach to work
- Ability to prioritise and manage parallel workflows with tight deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of working in an analytical environment dealing with large data sets and providing solutions to minimise manual processing
- Ability to summarise detailed data and present it clearly at all levels of the business
- Ideally have had previous experience of Power Pivot
Broadstone Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business and all appointments will be made on merit alone.