My client, a leading wholesaler with global operations, is looking to hire a VP Global Sourcing for their Central London headquarters. The successful candidate will be responsible for product development and sourcing; supplier and product management; category management; supplier performance management (KPIs); supplier negotiation, sourcing analytics & should-cost modeling; artwork and packaging development; portfolio risk mitigation; and forecasting and planning.
- Provides leadership and direction of Global Sourcing Team responsible for the procurement, development of new and existing private label products. Manages objectives and performance criteria to achieve financial and operational goals. Reports to the SVP of Global Sourcing on of achieving goals and objectives
- Jointly develops strategic sourcing and product development plans aligned with company growth, profitability and global business activities
- Develops effective working relationships with US and global functional groups to ensure alignment of objectives, priorities, activities and organisational support.
- Partner with the Trading Company team to identify and prioritise initiatives to reduce product costs, minimise impact of commodities, currency and other negative market conditions while exploiting positive impacts.
- Develops and monitors financial budgets to ensure spending remains within budget and profit objectives.
- Bachelor Degree, MBA or equivalent
- Strong experience and knowledge of key products and industry stakeholders such as manufacturers, trends, economic drivers and policy across the business sector.
- Proven expertise in cost negotiation, product management and development, category management, quality and logistics.
- Strategic evaluation of industry trends, developing long-term implications and recommending pragmatic strategies for new business opportunities and developing business plans with a strong pro forma.
- Analytical rigour and ability to structure ill-defined problems and being intellectual leadership to problem solving; synthesize insights from analysis and ensure credible, actionable recommendations.
- Financial acumen and understanding of financial models and experience with financial planning, budgeting and capital allocation in the context of strategic planning and price management to achieve financial and operational goals.
- Outstanding communication ability. Can promote ideas and proposals through credibility, influence and persuasion.
Broadstone Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business and all appointments will be made on merit alone.