VP Retail Category Management - London/Dallas/Toronto/Montreal or Stuttgart
My client, a US listed company with global operations is looking to recruit a VP Retail Category Management for North America who can be based in London/Dallas/Toronto/Montreal or Stuttgart. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing enterprise strategies for and management of the portfolio of global retail products. They will work with local retail and category management teams, and executive sponsors to evaluate which categories and products should be handled at a global vs. local level.
- Setting strategies to maximise growth and profitability of global retail product and category portfolio for the company.
- Lead high level enterprise negotiations with manufacturers for global products.
- Deliver buy side profit.
- Develop innovative tools and programs to drive preferred product portfolio.
- Align stakeholders and collaborate across a matrix of company resources, including local retail business leaders and category managers, global sourcing, sales, marketing, finance and operations to implement growth strategies, manage supplier behavior and maximise operational efficiency.
- Develop talent and create a high performing team
- Deep knowledge of retail category management in North America would be beneficial.
- Strong collaboration skills; able to effectively lead and influence in a matrix environment, partner with sales and marketing, to coordinate growth and deliver on the promises made to manufacturers.
- Strong capability in long range strategic planning, driving execution and team accountability for results.
- Experience at inspiring, leading and developing senior level leaders and their teams.
- Strong negotiator; able to develop bold negotiation strategies that benefit our business and partnerships
- Manages high level relationships astutely.
- Creative and solution oriented, demonstrating ability to gain leverage on sales year over year.
- Sales and profit forecasting and strong budget management experience.
- Good understanding of the business and ability to identify and influence/impact the financial levers.
- Product development and marketing experience.
- Versed in merchandising and driving growth in a differentiated way
- Global sourcing and international trade experience.
Broadstone Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business and all appointments will be made on merit alone.