Strategic Sourcing Specialist - Central London - Competitive salary plus bonus and benefits
My client, a global healthcare company based in Central London, is looking to recruit a Strategic Sourcing Specialist. The successful candidate will work directly for the New Sourcing Initiatives Lead focusing on creating, developing and delivering new sourcing strategies and processes to support key business objectives related to new product launches, cost of goods improvement as well as price increase mitigation strategies, supply, and projects that are focused on supporting the delivery of initiatives that are set to meet the business and their customer needs.
- Contribute to member alignment and opportunity identification or value creation across suppliers, product categories, product therapies and different customer channels.
- Support the development and testing of innovative negotiation strategies in collaboration with the Sourcing & Supplier Relations and Non-Retail Sourcing Teams.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and drive suitable changes through change management.
- Participate and support in new sourcing initiative team projects.
- Responsible for data gathering, analysing, reporting, and developing recommendations to support new strategic initiatives. Monitor market trends to identify new growth opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally within the business to accomplish enterprise goals and objectives.
- Support New Product Launch operational tasks and process improvements as needed.
- Listen to, leverage, promote diverse ideas, perspectives, of others across the business
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Science, Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in retail, sourcing, consulting, pharmaceuticals, finance/business analysis, business development or product management
- Product sourcing experience highly preferred
- Formal training in negotiations and/or demonstrated experience
- Experience with conducting financial or spend analysis.
- Experience with category, supplier and/or contract management.
- Experience with developing and executing business cases
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Alteryx and Tableau experience and advanced Excel skills is preferred.
Broadstone Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business and all appointments will be made on merit alone.