Finance Business Partner - Competitive salary - Flexible working
My client, an international engineering company with operations globally, is looking to recruit a Finance Business Partner for their Essex head office. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a market leading engineering company and give the successful candidate ownership of business unit finances, projects, overhead and working capital.
- Partnering with key personnel to understand primary cost & revenue drivers and variances
- Daily liaison with operational and commercial management to understand costs and to provide both challenge and support to project and financial forecasts & budgets
- Support preparation and concurrence of project financial models for new bids and tenders to include cash flow, IRR, payback
- Completion of ongoing and post-project financial reviews with Project Managers outlining and highlighting budget differences and variances from original plan
- Detailed analysis of monthly financials, projects and forecasts for review by BU MD and Director of Commercial Finance
- Support the overall finance team in preparation of monthly Management Information Pack
- Month-end (project, fleet) journal preparation and approval support
- Prepare month end flash reporting for review with the business unit MD and Director of Commercial Finance
- Completion of monthly forecasting and annual budgeting
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified or equivalent
- Experience of monthly variance analysis, forecasting, budgeting, project accounting and standard costing.
- Ability to understand technical & operational issues at a high level and translate these into financial terms.
- Excellent communication and presentational skills.
- Ability to present & explain finance to non-financial managers.
- Project accounting and, ideally, knowledge of revenue recognition accounting
- Ability to work pro-actively & independently managing varying workloads on different projects but managing time to meet all deadlines as they fall due
- Advanced Microsoft Excel based skills; be comfortable with financial formulae Lookups, Pivots
Broadstone Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business and all appointments will be made on merit alone.