Legal Counsel - Essex - Engineering Company - Up to £70,000 plus bonus & bens
My client a global engineering company based in Essex is looking to recruit a Legal Counsel for their global head office. The successful candidate will provide legal support and advice to the business whilst ensuring compliance with internal controls, procedures, statutory regulations and other formalities. The Legal Counsel will also support key stakeholders by delivering guidance and drawing on knowledge in commercial law and regulatory matters pertaining to the Energy and Telecoms Industry.
- Provide legal support and advice to stakeholders and management on relevant legal issues within Projects
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, procedures, statutory regulations and other formalities of the law
- Calculate and manage risks in business process and decision making on all legal elements
- Pro-actively create and maintain awareness of relevant laws and regulations.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work under deadlines.
- Draft legal documents such as contracts, statements, agreements, MOU, NDA'S, JVs etc.
- Qualify Terms and Conditions at bidding stages
- Execute procedures for protecting patents, trademarks, and designs here necessary
- Handle litigation, ADR
- Keeping up with current changes on all relevant areas of laws and contributing to the enhancement of the knowledge base of the company's legal and contract's function
- Draft and review Subcontracts and implement flow-downs from the Head Client Contracts
- LLB and LPC or similar relevant field
- Qualified Solicitor, Lawyer
- Previous working experience as a Legal Counsel
- In-depth knowledge of administrative law and procedures
- Good organisational, prioritisation and time-management skills
- ADR skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Can work on initiative and guide and support other members of the legal team
Broadstone Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business and all appointments will be made on merit alone.