Head of Legal - Essex - Engineering Company - Up to £120,000 plus bonus & benefits
My client a global engineering company based in Essex is looking to recruit a Head of Legal for their global head office. The successful candidate will be responsible for all members of the legal team. They will manage all legal affairs related to the structure of the organisation, its commercial licenses, and commercial law compliance. The head of legal acts as the main contact within the organisation's legal team and is expected to build strong and amicable relationships with vendors, landlords and external legal counsel.
- Responsible for the coordination, preparation and negotiation of contracts with customers for Group Business Units on a global basis.
- Extensive interaction with clients during contract preparation.
- To be responsible for the Group's insurance programme and claims and manage the activities of the contracts and insurance executive.
- Work closely with sales and bid, project management, procurement and leadership teams to mitigate or transfer commercial and risk as it relates to terms and conditions of contract.
- To provide contractual advice and guidance to Procurement where needed to ensure the contracting chain operates effectively.
- To prepare contractual compliancy statements in accordance with the company's Customer Contracting Procedure.
- To liaise with external legal providers and ensure costs and budgets are managed effectively
- Advising on the legal implications of company policies and procedures
- Ensuring all contracts, legal documents and templates are up-to-date and compliant with statutory laws
- Reporting on legal activities, risks and litigation
- LLB and LPC or similar relevant field
- Ideally some engineering or projects experience.
- Qualified and experienced solicitor.
- Experience of leading an in house legal team.
- Ability to think clearly and work as a Team player.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in an understanding manner.
- Ability to cope with pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to negotiate and understand the pricing of commercial risk in contracts and protect the company contractually.
- Good understanding of LOGIC, NEC, FIDIC contract forms.
Broadstone Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business and all appointments will be made on merit alone.