Finance Manager - Up to £55,000 plus bonus & bens - Aberdeen
My client, an international engineering company with operations globally, is looking to recruit a Finance Manager for their Aberdeen office. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a market leading engineering company and give the successful candidate ownership of business unit finances, projects, overhead and working capital for this division.
- Partnering with key personnel to understand primary cost & revenue drivers and variances
- Daily liaison with operational and commercial management to understand costs and to provide both challenge and support to project and financial forecasts & budgets
- Support preparation and concurrence of project financial models for new bids and tenders to include cash flow, IRR, payback
- Completion of ongoing and post-project financial reviews with Project Managers/Commercial Manager/Project QS outlining and highlighting budget differences and variances from original plan
- Detailed analysis of monthly financials and forecasts for review by Managing Director and Finance & Commercial Director
- Support the overall finance team in preparation of monthly Management Information Pack
- Month-end journal preparation and approval support
- Prepare month end flash reporting for review with the Managing Director and Finance & Commercial Director
- Completion of monthly forecasting and annual budgeting
- Completion of monthly backlog reporting
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or equivalent
- Experience of monthly variance analysis, forecasting, budgeting, project accounting and standard costing.
- Ability to understand technical & operational issues at a high level and translate these into financial terms.
- Excellent communication and presentational skills.
- Ability to present & explain finance to non-financial managers.
- Project accounting and, ideally, knowledge of revenue recognition accounting
- Standard and absorption costing
- Ability to work pro-actively & independently managing varying workloads on different projects but managing time to meet all deadlines as they fall due
Broadstone Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business and all appointments will be made on merit alone.