Commercial Operations Senior Manager - Central London/hybrid working - Competitive salary, bonus & benefits
My client, a global healthcare company based in Central London, is looking to recruit a Commercial Operations Senior Manager. The Commercial Operations Senior Manager is a key role in the Bid Management & Sourcing Execution team, overseeing the company's pricing compliance strategy, value opportunity identification and owning the development of the strategy and action plan. The role will also take on a set of responsibilities related to project management and opportunity tracking with specific focus on bid management, contract compliance and sourcing execution; ensuring continuity of delivery against key initiatives and creating accountability with action owners to ensure commercial opportunities are capitalised on.
- Own the strategic planning and scheduling of pricing audits with manufacturers in alignment with the company's strategic goals for the fiscal year
- External stakeholder management of 3rd party auditors; leading regular update sessions, ensuring project plan is followed and escalation to internal leadership where necessary
- Leading on regular reporting of value creation from pricing compliance initiatives and development of sophisticated opportunity identification process
- Project management lead for commercial initiatives within the Bid Management & Sourcing Execution team; including diligent gathering of requirements and development of project charter, ensuring continued commitment to project delivery against plan and agreed timelines, and development of value tracking and project post-mortem templates
- Identification of opportunities to automate and improve processes related to analysing competitive intel and identifying pricing non-compliance; improving the success rate of soliciting manufacturers for required price changes. Collaborating with Tech & Analytics teams to develop these sophisticated analytical solutions and improve existing dashboarding
- Organisation of solicitation results data and preparation of billing support to ensure Finance team can accurately bill for owed credit, maintaining a thorough audit trail and ensuring no expected price changes or credits are missed
- Insights and actionable analytics derived from pricing compliance initiatives including supplier pricing trends, pricing change frequency, credit paid and other key KPIs.
- Partnering with Bid Management and commercial teams to maximise use of ad-hoc solicitations such as targeted pricing checks and leveraging Bid Events to test for pricing compliance. Own the annual/quarterly/monthly self-certification processes and identify opportunities to improve response and capture rates
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Supply Chain, Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Previous experience in a sourcing, pricing, analytics or finance function
- Confident using BI and workflow tools, in particular Alteryx and Tableau
- Experience partnering across a matrix organisation and managing relationships with external suppliers/service providers
- Experience in the healthcare field, preferably in pharmaceuticals (sales, purchasing or distribution) preferred, though not required Knowledge/Skills
- Organisational and project management skills using a consultative approach
- Time management skills, including ability to organise and prioritise work to consistently meet critical and/or conflicting daily deadlines while ensuring the highest level of accuracy Demonstrated consistent creative problem-solving capabilities
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to interrogate detailed level data
- Proactive approach to problem solving and solution developing, identifying areas of perceived business risk and confidence in relaying concerns to potentially impacted teams & leadership
- Comfortable with financial concepts, including ability to understand and explain detailed price walks, impact of price changes on wider business and concepts of rebates and cash flow
Broadstone Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business and all appointments will be made on merit alone.