Commercial Finance Manager - £65,000 + Bonus - Cheshunt
Our client is a leading construction company based in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire. With a strong track record of successful projects and a commitment to quality, they have earned a reputation as an industry leader. As they continue to expand operations, they are seeking a talented Commercial Finance Manager to join the business.
As a Commercial Finance Manager, you will play a key role in driving financial success. You will be responsible for overseeing and managing all financial aspects of our construction projects, providing strategic financial guidance to senior management, and ensuring compliance with financial regulations. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Financial Planning and Analysis: Prepare budgets, forecasts, and financial models to support project planning and decision-making. Analyse project costs, revenue, and profitability to identify areas for improvement and drive financial performance.
- Project Cost Control: Develop and implement effective cost control measures to ensure projects are delivered within budget. Monitor project expenditures, analyse cost variances, and implement corrective actions as necessary.
- Contract Management: Review and negotiate contracts with clients, suppliers, and subcontractors to ensure favourable terms and conditions. Assess financial risks and opportunities associated with contracts and provide recommendations to senior management.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare accurate and timely financial reports, including project financial statements, cash flow forecasts, and variance analysis. Present financial results to senior management and provide insights to support strategic decision-making.
- Compliance and Risk Management: Ensure compliance with relevant financial regulations and industry standards. Develop and maintain internal controls to mitigate financial risks and safeguard company assets.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) and bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in finance or accounting roles, preferably in the construction industry. Experience in project finance and cost control is highly desirable.
- Strong financial analysis and modelling skills. Proficient in using MS Excel and other BI tools.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles, financial regulations, and industry standards.
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Broadstone Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business and all appointments will be made on merit alone.