SENIOR FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT (15-month contract position) - Waterloo (3 days office/2 days home) -Investment Management Company
£75,000 + free lunch + 25 days holiday + bonus + private dental/health/life assurnace
FTSE 250 listed investment management company is seeking to hire a qualified accountant (ACA / CA / ACCA) to work in a large team, responsible for quarterly management reporting and year end stats for a number of group companies.
You will be responsible for managing a full range of accounting activities including effective day-to-day financial operation, quarterly management reporting, annual statutory reporting, establishing and managing strong relationships with key project stakeholders (including government bodies, senior lenders, contractual service providers, internal reporting and asset management teams).
The business is vibrant and growing and there will be some opportunities to get involved in other activities across the company's business streams. The successful applicant will work alongside a team of financial accountants and managers reporting into the financial controllers.
Key role responsibilities:
- Take ownership of a portfolio of group companies held within the FTSE 250 listed fund
- Management of the day-to-day financial performance of entities, ensuring efficient operation and compliance with contractual cash-flow and operational obligations
- Ownership for production of financial results to the Management Board on a quarterly basis and the Asset Management Board monthly
- Timely and accurate delivery of project reporting requirements including internal quarterly management reporting, annual statutory reporting (mainly UK GAAP with some reporting of key balances to the wider group team under required to prepare the IFRS Group accounts) and senior lender reporting
- Assist the group treasury team to comply with the senior lender reporting requirements
- Assist a shared pool of processing and invoicing staff
- Bringing a proactive attitude to identify areas for improvement including in areas such as financial performance, operational performance, reporting quality, control improvement and investor returns
Key skills required:
- Qualified accountant with 3-5 years of post-qualified experience
- Experience of statutory accounts preparation and commercial accounting skills
- Experience of UKGAAP with knowledge of latest accounting developments
- Exposure to IFRS advantageous
- Strong time management skills and ability to deal with a number of activity streams simultaneously
- Excellent communication abilities and networking skills to establish and maintain relationships with a number of project stakeholders
Broadstone Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business and all appointments will be made on merit alone.