Management Accountant - Up to £60,000 plus bonus & benefits - North London
My client, an award-winning construction company, based in North London is looking to recruit a Management Accountant for their head office. The successful candidate will have sole responsibility for the timely delivery of a complete monthly management accounting service and reporting pack to the CEO and FD, in accordance with the agreed timetable for both the main construction & development business and the associated businesses.
- Provide monthly cost and valuation reports for all construction projects, liaising with QSs on each project to establish the integrity of the latest financial position on individual projects including costs to date, valuation reports and revenue received, costs to complete and variances to project budgets.
- Establish a reliable monthly process for ensuring all financial information relating to construction projects is reconciled with the information from the QSs and ensure optimal use is made of existing accounting system.
- Review all existing financial controls in both businesses and ensure the controls are robust, adhered to and are of a type and nature that are appropriate to the respective sizes of the businesses, the way they operate and the industries they operate in.
- Prepare and own the monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including intercompany reconciliations.
- Oversee the maintenance of the fixed asset register for the business.
- Assist the FD with Business planning, budgeting & forecasting.
- Develop regular KPI reporting with the CEO, FD, and construction directors that track and analyse critical financial and operational information for assisting the directors to monitor, improve and grow the business.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or equivalent
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to deadlines.
- First class organisational and analytical skills and be confident in communicating financial information.
- An eagerness to grow with the business and the finance function.
- Good management and leadership skills and be a committed team player.
- Experience with Sage, Quickbooks and business intelligence software.
Broadstone Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business and all appointments will be made on merit alone.